Literal Magazine with the kind support of Poets & Writers presents its upcoming workshop: Learn to Write a Video Short Story, presented by Patricia Gras, 25 year Emmy award winning author and video journalist.April 5, 2014 9:00 a.m. – 2 p.m. The Bristol Club House
Houston TX, 77056
Video is quickly becoming a popular visual element used to engage audiences on websites and blogs, as an embedded element in social media and within video channels. Videos enhance a story, showcase a product, describe a concept, or generate a call to action. Video use is exploding with 201.4 billion videos viewed online each month. This intensive full day workshop is a complete immersion into the creative process of adapting a short story into video storytelling. This is a beginner and basic video production. Participants will learn how to adapt a short story into film, receive hands on training on how to write a shoot script, shoot it and the essential elements of a good story. Emmy award winning author and journalist Patricia Gras will share techniques on how to make your video storytelling effective.
• Learn storyboarding and techniques for developing short stories into viable projects.
• Learn adaptation techinques from literature to video
• Use and understand the functionality of a video camera and DSLR to shoot high quality images. (Note: There will be no video editing in this class.)
- Bring your own video camera with charged batteries.
- The short story you love the most (ex. iPad, notebook, laptop…)
- Proficiency in English (All instruction is delivered in English)
Registration Fee: $25
Student Fee: $10 (Pay at door)
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Posted: March 3, 2014 at 10:24 pm