CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS IS CLOSED
Literal Magazine is ready for the 2nd edition of Literally Short Film Awards! Literally Short is an event initiated by our drive to bridge all cultures onto one collaborative stage that stimulates international artistic expression. Our mission is to promote innovative approaches to social change through the arts and cultural influences. Our passion for film lies in its exquisite capacity to merge a multitude of arts into one vision; thus, Literally Short Film Awards seeks to dissolve all geographical boundaries into one platform that equally voices all cultures.
On Friday, June 26, 2015, Literally Short will award the 3 best films over $10,000 in cash and prizes. Please join us for a night of art, film, music, food, drinks and incredible talent! You may purchase your tickets here.
Friday, June 26
*(dress code: cocktail attire)*
Open Doors, Drinks and Food by The Phoenix on Westheimer
Art Exhibition by Jonathan Leach
Opening Night Speaker – Anthony Brandt, composer & co-founder of Musiqa
Dan Gelok & Mas Sugihara
Winning Film Screenings & Filmmaker Awards
Drinks and Music
Saturday, June 27
Matinee Screenings – Official Selection Films (first round)
Night Time Screenings – Official Selection Films (second round)
Awards Ceremony Pass $15
This pass will grant you access to Friday night’s ceremony for the screening of the 3 winning films. A complimentary drink ticket will be included.
Film Festival Pass $12
This pass will grant you access to Saturday’s screenings of Literally Short’s Official Selection (including the winning films). There will be two rounds of 10 films played, one at 4 p.m. and one at 7:30 p.m. Re-entry is allowed!
This pass will grant you access to both the Friday event (yes of course, the complimentary drink ticket is also included) and Saturday’s screenings!
5425 Renwick Dr.
Houston, TX 77081
First Prize Winner
Phantom 2 Vision+Quadcopter with Hard Case and Extra Battery Bundle
Script Translation into Spanish
Second Prize Winner
Blackmagice Pocket Cinema Camera
Script Translation into Spanish
Third Prize Winner
GoPro Hero4+ Black/Surf Camera
|Earlybird Deadline: March 24, 2015||Regular: $30
Student: $15 (ID scan required in email)
|Regular Deadline: April 20, 2015||Regular: $40
Student: $20 (ID scan required in email)
|Late Entry Deadline: May 4, 2015||Regular: $50
Student: $25 (ID scan required in email)
(All links to the films must be emailed before 12:00 a.m. CST of the given deadline.)
- All genres are accepted. Foreign language films must be subtitled in English.
- Maximum film duration: 15:00 minutes (including credits).
- Filmmakers must be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Films with U.S. distribution (obtained prior to being selected for screening) or films produced, financed or initiated by a major film studio or television network are ineligible for competition.
- Films may not be publicly available online prior to submission, and winning films may not be made publicly available online until after the awards ceremony.
HOW IT WORKS
- Filmmaker must upload film to Vimeo and keep its settings on private for the entire duration of the competition. Please provide the link and password to the online form provided below. Continue to pay for your entry.
- Selected films will be asked to be part of Literally Short Film Awards’ biannual DVD of winning films.
- Students must submit a photocopy of current school ID.
- Any submission received without payment indicated or received will not be considered.
- Literally Short prize shipping is not included outside of the U.S.
The programming committee will select and invite films at its discretion. Those selected will be contacted via email or telephone on approximately June 1, 2015. If selected, you may need to submit additional materials. Detailed instructions will be given at that time. Please do not send additional materials until requested.
By submitting a film to the Literary Short Film Awards (LSFA), filmmaker grants permission to the LSFA to screen the film, in whole or in part, for any or all promotions, compilations, screenings and at any events sponsored or co-sponsored by Literal Magazine including but not limited to the awards ceremony. Literal Magazine may contract separately with winners to discuss streaming the films or trailers therefor indefinitely on the Literal Magazine website. Accepted films may not screen online prior to the award ceremony once they have been submitted. The filmmaker submitting the film hereby warrants that he/she/it is over the age of 18, and is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements and regulations. Filmmaker agrees that all rights and permissions for any materials contained within said entry, including all music rights, photographs, film clips, voice recordings, have been granted, and Filmmaker will indemnify and hold LSFA harmless from any or all disputes and claims that may arise from these rights and permissions granted.
Please proceed to submit your film through Withoutabox, Film Freeway OR fill out the following form and submit the payment below.
If you are a student, please send us a clear image of your current student ID to email@example.com. (After confirmation, you will receive an e-mail with a discount code).
After submitting form, please submit secure payment of $30 with Paypal:
Winners of Literally Short 2014
SPONSORS: Aurora Picture Show, A. Schulman de México S.A. de C.V., Specialty Polymers, XL Multimedia, Microsearch
One Forest Day
dir. by Neil Lokken
First Place Prize:
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Hoverfly Lightweight Shoulder Rig
- iLED, Zoom ENG LED Light
- IKan V5600 Field Monitor Deluxe Kit
- Assembly of 25 DVD copies with color print, custom printed DVD wrap-around, DVD case
- Script translation into Spanish language for submitted film
- Original music score by Jay Musica for one short film
Nayan and the Evil Eye
dir. by Shaleen Sangha
Second Place Prize:
- Recoil Camera Stabilizer
- PS01 Production Slate
- LED 98
- 25 DVD copies with color print (bulk/spindle)
- Script translation into Spanish language
dir. by Stanton Cameron
Third Place Prize:
- PS01 Production Slate
- 10% Discount on one order from XL Multimedia
- 50% Discount on one original short film score by Jay Musica